[[MY CANDY SHOP]]

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Photo Blogging Day!

Was having exams so i didn't really blog last week. (I still check tagboards though!) But i'm just lazy to type today so i'll just photo blog...

Met up with Karen yesterday at Bugis... And i forced her to take a pic with me:



Yes... I've got a new fringe... Hehehe cut it myself on impulse. I needed a new hairstyle and this is the result of refusing to go to the salon to cut. Hahaha. My stylist just opened his own salon at Toa Payoh anyway, and i'll post up pics as soon as i've got the money to go there!!!

Me and my funny ideas... She wasn't really deep in thought... She was just thinking that "Steff is mad", cos i asked her to do an artistic shot for me! Hahaha! Here it is:



I was late yesterday cos i was playing this cinema tycoon game that i downloaded and i forgot about the time... And she was late because she took 30 mins to wrap a present for her friend while i was reading magazine after magazine in kinokuniya:



While sitting at mos burger, i realised she still wore the rosary ring that was given to each of the graduating students when we were at our graduation night in secondary school(Since 1999!). It looks normal at first:



But when she took it off to show me, i realised...



It's out of shape! HAHAHA! (Karen blames the aeroplanes + cabin air + cabin pressure for this)

**

Went to a girlfriend's father's funeral today. And i've got faith that God has brought her father to a place with no sadness and pain. The place is called heaven. =)

I arrived there at around 9.20am, and after we ate lunch, it was already 1pm. So i got a lift to the MRT from a girlfriend who also went there, then i went down to Bishan cos i was supposed to meet the seller of an item i bought off yahoo auctions.

Exxonmobil sent the voucher over to me a few days back, so i decided to go to best denki to check the stuff out. Called my mum to ask her what rice cooker she wanted (after all she was the one who was paying for my petrol all this while!). She asked me to buy any brand cos she's not fussy.

Me: Ichiban brand. 1.8 litres only $30
Mum: Huh... What kind of brand is that?
Me: Local brand
Mum: Er... Don't want... Ok still got what else?
Me: Aiyah why don't you come down and see?
Mum: Don't want lah. So troublesome
Me: Then i'll just buy my $99 hair dryer

Mum: Why don't you buy a $10 hair dryer for yourself and buy a $90 rice cooker for me?
Me: Nooooooooo... Why don't i buy the $99 hair dryer and we don't buy the rice cooker?
Mum: No, you can buy a cheaper hair dryer so that i can get the rice cooker.
Me: Argh. See how lah. So are you coming down?
Mum: You decide on the brand lah!
Me: No, you come down and see better lor
Mum: Argh. Ok lah i'll be down in 15 mins

Hahaha so she came down at last.

**

My OLD rice cooker was a house warming gift from my dad's dad to my parents when they first got married and bought a house. It is 2 years older than me!!!!!!!

However, it is old and some stuff just stop functioning properly after a while (the light indicator is spoilt. and although it still cooks rice properly, i just can't stand the sight of old appliances).

So i managed to convince my mum to get rid of it. Out goes the my mum's trusty (and old) rice cooker!:



And replacing it is a new $75 one:



But, wierd as elderly people, like my mum, is... She wants to keep the inner pot of the old rice cooker (can you believe it?!):



So because of the rice cooker that my mum wanted to get, i had to settle for a cheaper hair dryer. The one that i initially wanted was 2000W and costs $99. My mum said, "You think you open a hair salon ah? Why do you need something so powerful?"

I grumbled. So i settled on the 1500W one instead which costs half the price at $45:



Remember what i said about elderly people having this thing about keeping old stuff... My mum insisted that we keep the OLD hair dryer too! And this old hair dryer happens to be almost 10yrs old:



DOH! (In Jean's terminology, *slaps head*) That's my mum for you... Hahaha!

**

Useless note:

This girl called Esther attended to me at best denki initially. She was very nice and helpful. But when i came back after meeting my mum, she had gone for her lunch break.

Well, i feel sad for her cos we had to buy it there and then cos my mum was in a hurry to go back and fetch my lil sis from church. So yeah, she missed her commission because of her lunch. Poor girl.

Lesson learnt today: If you're in retail, and if a customer says she's gonna come back, don't ever leave your station no matter what happens.

**

Er... so much for me complaining that i didn't wanna type... In the end, end up typing so much!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home