[[MY CANDY SHOP]]

Saturday, April 03, 2004

come what may!

i feel flattered. :) just now, i was walking quite fast on my way to church(i didn't drive) from the mrt station cos i was late. and suddenly, someone stopped me on my tracks.

location: toa payoh central after i walked past delifrance; time: 4-ish

cute foreigner(looked like he needed some help): "exzcuze me, arez yzou inz az hurry?"
me(assumed he was lost): "erm, what's the matter?"
cute foreigner: "i wouldz likez toz invitez yzou toz havez coffee with mez"
me(heh? i thot he was lost?!): "oh, err, i don't think so"
cute foreigner(disappointed): "oh butz whyz?"
me(takes a step ahead and smiles): "oh, cos i'm in hurry"
cute foreigner(tries to stop me from going off): "wellz, it'sz juszt for az little whilez"

me(a little shocked that he tried to stop me): "uh really, i don't think so"
cute foreigner(tries to look friendly): "butz iz thzink yzou arez veryz bzeautiful"
me(a little flattered now): "thank you for your compliment sir, but i'm afraid i can't have coffee with you"
cute foreigner(looks sad now): "alzrite thzen, youz havze az goodz day"
me: "you too. good bye!"
the cute foreigner says "goodz byze" and watches as i walk further away from him.

wonder what would happen if i really had coffee with him. would he think i was a hooker? would he be asking if i do one-night-stands? then again, could he be a famous french director who's in singapore to cast a female lead for his latest film? maybe his name is louis vuitton? haha. i'm dreaming. but he was cute alrite. haha...

which then again reminds me of another incident which i forgot to blog about the other day. i went swimming with wendy at the nyp pool on thursday. at the pool, there were a bunch of guys - out of the 8, i knew 1 of them. ok, to cut the long story short, i "sabo-ed" wendy by telling my friend that she was interested in the tallest guy. haha. evil rite? :P

but anyway there was this other guy called wee teck who kept asking for my number. duh. i don't give my numbers to strangers one lor. persistance got his way, so in the end he got my number from eddie(the one that i knew), and msged me yesterday. "hi, remember me? i'm wee teck from the pool.[wee teck from the pool?!? what a queer way of describing himself] can we be friends?" i wanted to reply him to tell him that he got the wrong number. haha. but no, i'm not that evil. just good enough not to reply, that's all. ;)

*snaps fingers* back to today now. i skipped choir practice after mass today cos i've got homework to do at home. angie and i were shocked that jac(my ex-best friend) came down church today(she lives in pasir ris). [who do you turn to when you're lost in love? - your friends of course.]

it's a funny thing, the 3 of us(we used to be very close until jac quarrelled with angie some time back) actually ended our relationships at the same time. [we all have joint accounts with our partners too] angie broke off with matt, then few days later i broke off with justin, then few days later james broke off with jac. i kinda hate it when jac goes through a break up. i dish out advice, but she doesn't wanna let reality sink in.

i still remember the last time she broke off with james, she actually scolded me in front of so many of our friends, saying that i don't wanna help her get her relationship back. i was so angry with her then, because i tried very hard to mediate, but in the end what i got was her yelling(she even threw a drink at me) and crying. with no thanks at all! from then on, i vowed never to try to be the middleman for a couple. it was a grave mistake.

jac, it's not that i wanna say you... but i think you should really reflect upon yourself. [i'm in the process of doing it now too, so yeah...] stop thinking that 'maybe' james made a rash decision, and that things can be better that fast. i tried to drop hints. i'm telling you, don't put your hopes too high. but if you wanna ignore my advice, the disappointment is greater, and you're gonna come crying back to me in the end. not that i hate to listen, but it's the same problem all over again isn't it? go with an open heart and mind tomorrow. it's better that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home