[[MY CANDY SHOP]]

Monday, May 08, 2006

I crave desserts

Did so many things the past few days!

Pics from 4 days ago at Blu Jaz Cafe..



**


Pics from 3 days ago..

Bought my shampoo & conditioner at Sasa. Bloody hell. The damage cost me $56, but it was money well spent. Been using it so far, and my hair feels so much better than my previous L'Oreal Professional shampoo!

Was contemplating whether to hear Paul Olkenfold spin at Zouk, then decided not to - $$$$. Watched MI3 at the Grand Cathay instead. It wasn't our first time watching a movie at The Cathay, but it was our first in the largest theatre there.

We were bowled over by the service! They were either overstaffed, or, really, they employed that many staff in crisp white shirts to usher each patron directly to their seats. The hall was H-U-G-E and had this grandeur feel to it. There was like a small stage in front too, so i guess that in the near future, we'd be able to watch some plays there.

Sneaked a photo before the usherette came to tell me that photography was not allowed in the cinema!

The show wasn't too bad, afterall!


**


Pics from 2 days ago..

Went to The Tamarind Spa in Serangoon Garden with my Mum & Sis. Good and cheap! The massage cost us $55 per hour.


Me @ Tamarind Spa

Wanted to go Imperial Jade Nan Bei restaurant for dim sum, but they were packed to the brim, so we decided to go to Crystal Jade Hu Cui instead for some Shanghainese food.


Me @ Hu Cui

We got there and realised that they were serving the Crystal Jade Palace menu during this period as the other restaurant at Level 4 was under renovation. Darn. I missed my Honey Banana Fritters!!!

We still ate there nonetheless. The food was good! Hehe. $75 for the 3 of us including dessert.


Clockwise from top left: Fu pei yun, Siew mai, Mushroom dumplings, Har gao.


My favourite Ee-fu noodles


Deep fried silver fish - Not so crispy.. Hmpf!


Clockwise from left: Fu pei yun, 3 Har gao + 1 Siew mai, Stir fried mixed mushrooms


Dessert - almond cream


***


Met Baby and friends at Parkway Parade after that. Didn't do much there except eat my Grape ice cream from Scoopz.


Yum!

Wanted to buy Jolin's new album but it wasn't out yet. LOL. To think i was frantically looking through the shelves for it! Baby bought his Gary CD at last. :)

Took a trip back down to town again. Had dinner at an old coffee shop Tiong Bahru - the aunties there were very boisterous and they basically just didn't like us to make the decision on how the food was cooked. So we ended up eating something the auntie ordered for us!! Food was ok, but the service was bad - worse than the first time i went there. I won't be going there again.

Wanted to catch Where The Truth Lies at Cineleisure after that. Got there and after a round of debates, we decided to watch When A Stranger Calls. We queued up, then got to the front and realised that for our group of 10 people, we had to sit in 2nd row from the front. Ok, so we passed.

After another round of debates as to whether we should go home, go KTV, or go to Mandarin Hotel for coffee. We settled for coffee cocktails at The Mezzanine in Mandarin Hotel. Didn't realise they revamped the whole lounge until we got there! The place was pretty! And there was the chocolate buffet staring at me...


Baby's drink was slanted..

We arrived too late, so we couldn't have a go at the buffet ($25+++). We did however, order the ala carte fondue. It was a big serving for $20+++! SINFUL!


Dipping stuff clockwise from top: Dough fritters (you tiao), Fruits (strawberries, pineapples, honeydew), Dried stuff (walnuts, pecans, dried apricot), Marshmallows.


**


Pics from yesterday..

Helped my sis with her focus group survey after church. Got outta the house after that to buy my long-coverted pair of berms from m)phosis. Damn happy! The price of shorts has shot up recently due to the stupid trend. I checked out Far East Plaza and the cheapest i saw was $33, Isetan was $50+.. The one i bought cost me only $45.



Right. Ok, so it IS expensive for a bloody pair of shorts. -__-"

Did my brazillian wax AT LAST!!! Went with Baby to Strip Co-Ed at Shaw Centre. They've got this promo - first time couples who do brazillian together get 50% off both of your waxes. I was shy, yes! And it was pain OBVIOUSLY! But the therapist who did for me was quite professional, so she kinda eased my worries.


My room @ Strip

Trick - breathe in before she rips it off!

I came out of the room in about 15-20 minutes, so i sat at the reception drinking my ginger tea while waiting for Baby. I waited..and waited...

Then his (male) therapist came out to tell the receptionist something, who in turn told me that Baby is still inside and will take another 20 minutes because he wanted to wax his arms too. LOL.

My boyfriend is damn vain lor.

And you thought i was bad? Hah!

Had dinner at Food Republic, then moved on to Beard Papa for dessert! We had 2 Coronets, 1 Eclair and 1 Fondant. SINFUL X 10!!!

So yah, that somewhat sums up my dessert fiesta. I indulge too much. Have to stop. Fat fat fat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home