[[MY CANDY SHOP]]

Saturday, June 26, 2004

yippeeee!

i had to go to the tailor's for measurements yesterday to make my cheongsum for an upcoming event that i have to work for. COOL EH? wonder if we'll be able to keep the cheongsum or not. hahaha. anyway it's for the NKF gala dinner i think. shit, now have to diet.

went out with ivan and jason for lunch after that. thank goodness i drove, and didn't choose to sit in ivan's car. jason feared for his life. ivan, stop drinking and driving ok. it's not good for your health, and not to mention the safety of your passengers.

we went to heeren, and there were these people promoting the heer card. as i was just minding my own business and reading the brochure, this promoter came up to me and said "hi, you look like you have some questions to ask me."

.
..
...

HUH?

like what the fuck? if i have any questions i'll ask you lor. don't need you to come and approach me, thank you.

me (annoyed look): "uh, NO i do not have any questions to ask."
him (tries harder): "well ok, if you need to ask anything, i'll just be around here. it's quite easy to spot me, i'm the tallest, darkest, and of course most handsome of the lot. you can find me quite easily if you need me."
me (keeps my eyes on the brochure and rolls my eyes in disgust): "sure."

LOSER!

i mean, who actually does that? that's like super thick-skinned, and so himbotic (opp of bimbotic). i will definitely not sign up for the card. i am totally disgusted.

~*~

joined this contest called ms pines contest. it was of course, a contest for the pines country club in stevens road. there'll be a monthly winner, and the grand winner would be crowned in the grand finals in december. how dumb. oh, never mind about it being dumb. it was fun..........


A snapshot, that's why someone else was grabbing my bouquet!

cos i won the june 2004 title last night. muahaha. ;)

was an unexpected win though. the question was kind of typical. "list 3 qualities a woman should have and why." being the act-bimbo me, i answered that firstly the woman must be beautiful inside and outside. secondly, the woman must know how to cook her way to her man's stomach. thirdly, she must be able to make her man happy.

SIA LAH WHAT ARE YOU GUYS THINKING?!?

what i meant was (pun was actually intended) that she must be able to have a good sense of humour. ;) kekeke.

the prize was a sash (now i've got 2 in my collection at home!), a bouquet of 18 roses (which i gave to the shai, the indian-eurasian girl in the pic), a 40% discount voucher for treatments at their spa, and a dove hamper. hahaha.

anyone wants dove products? i sell to you half price! HAHAHAHAHAHA. oh, got lux super rich inside the hamper too. HAHAHAHAHAHA. *evil grin*

~*~

met clarice for coffee last night. talked to her about my problems. there are lots of things that i want to say, but under certain circumstances, i'm forced to bottle it inside me. how i dread this feeling! thank goodness for my darling gf clarice, if not i wouldn't know what to do. LOVE YA LOADS DEARIE!!!

kenneth was supposed to come along, but i shoo-ed him away. haha. how evil. :P girl talk lah, men aren't allowed to come.

we went down to wala wala cafe in holland v. (loads of eye candy there!!!!! don't you just love the NUS-types? think i'll hang out there more often to get to know more intellectual people. maybe i'll be able to hook up with an NUS smart ass? haha.) wanted to listen to the live band, but by the time we arrived, it was packed full to the brim. there was a very small standing space, which clarice didn't want to squeeze into. so, we made our way downstairs to the bar instead.

don't you just LOVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE live bands? it was a local chinese guy singing, by the way. haha. makes me melt like fondue!

while we were sitting down, this group of ang mos came up to us.
old man: "hey ladies, stop chatting on your phones with your boyfriends and come to town with us!"
*clarice still busy on the phone*
me: "maybe next time."
old man: "can lah, come to town with us lah."
*clarice gives a puzzled look while still on the phone*
me: "we're doing fine here, thanks."
*old man decides to give up*

haha. so old lah you. enough to be my grandfather! geez. but the way he spoke in singlish was funny. haha. laughed a lil while there. oh wait. can someone tell me what does "come to town with us" mean? hmm. something to ponder about there.

we chatted for a long while. glad i sorted out things. i made a silent decision. i've kept quiet about some stuff, tried to avoid them, but i keep getting forced to a corner. my girlfriends give me advice, but ultimately, it's myself who makes the decisions. their thoughts upon my problems give me more insight into them.

i don't deny that what they say, does have a slight impact on the decision that i'm about to make. they see it from an outsider's perspective. i hate making decisions, so they help me to affirm my decision.

what i have decided, i have put plenty of thought into it. i considered the feelings of the people around them and myself. that's how i came to the conclusion. how you behave right now is also being judged by me. i know i have no right to judge people, but when it comes to making decisions concerning myself, i have to think what is best for me.

sometimes things don't always turn out the way we want it to be. i hate having to cry when making decisions. i'm a strong girl on the outside, but inside i'm as fragile as an infant, waiting to be cradled, nutured and spoon-fed.

i don't want to risk making the wrong decisions again. i chose to avoid. but there comes a time when i can avoid no longer. all your actions, mannerisms, interests are all on a compatibility scoreboard in my heart.

i like bad boy types, but that doesn't mean that i'll choose them ultimately. i have to think of my own future too. i would want someone who can provide for me in the future. i don't want to walk in the shadow of my mum. she made a wrong choice by marrying someone of lower qualification than her, someone who isn't a good father, someone who isn't rich nor thrifty, someone who has a bad temper...

(daddy, i still love you just as much okay!)

but anyway, i don't want my future to turn out to be having myself to support the whole family. which is why i think that i will not get married. burdens! problems! argh.

xuelin told me to choose you-know-who. but there are certain factors to consider. i am NOT materialistic. i'm just being practical. i don't wanna see other people sad, after i have made my choice. hmm, i think these are good-enough reasons for my choice.

i will become a nun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home